Weekend of 2nd - 3rd July 2022
Modern a cappella four-part harmony singing workshop
This two-day, non-residential, course held at Ardingly College provides an enjoyable and totally supportive approach to helping you understand your own voice and its potential in four-part harmony and will give you an opportunity to try out new ideas, techniques and vocal harmonies with like-minded singers. Over 15hrs of workshop activity led by award winning vocal coach Mark Grindall, will include;
- Intensive learning around Harmony, vocal tuning, placement and resonance.
- Video examples of great harmony singing and typical harmony pitfalls.
- Insights: The different methods of learning.
- Insights: Why vocal tuning and piano/instrument tuning are different.
- Rehearsals of selected Masterclass songs and breakouts with others in your vocal part.
- Work alongside members of The Sussex Harmonisers and see how their home choruses rehearse and perform.
- Showcasing your performance as the Masterclass Chorus to friends and family.
- Opportunity for fast-track membership of The Sussex Harmonisers
Course Tutor : Mark Grindall
Mark has taught thousands of people to sing and through his work with charities, brought the joy of music and singing to thousands more.
He has created, produced and led many vocal coaching courses and “train the trainers vocal coaching” courses for the British Association of Barbershop Singers (BABS) at their Harmony College held at various Universities over the years. He has also been a Singing Judge for the annual BABS Conventions for many years, becoming chairman of the Guild of Judges twice.
Over the years, he has created his own, special style of teaching and coaching which manages to blend the detail and accuracy required to sing well with sheer fun, making singing the joyful and entertaining experience we all know it can be. Read more here
Venue : Ardingly College. Ardingly RH17 6SQ
We are excited that the wonderful Ardingly College in mid Sussex is hosting this event and as term time will have finished, the facilities will be quiet and the atmosphere very relaxed!
We will be occupying the Music School, where there is a large auditorium for plenary sessions and adjacent Practice rooms within same building for exercising skills and rehearsals for each harmony part.